Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fumes Talking? Or Success? Spray Paint + Wine Bottles, You Decide.

You better sit down for this.  Finally, crafty Pinterest success! 

Here's the lowdown. 

Grab those empty wine bottles; never a problem around here!  The instructions (I kept trying to click on the link on Pinterest, but no dice - linked to my board so that you can attempt to get to the link) show clear wine bottles that were taped off and spray painted white.  I grabbed some bottles with shapes that I liked and some spray paint. 

Peel off the labels and use some Goo Gone to get the glue off.  I did a quick wash of the outside and rinsed out the insides. 

Outside I grabbed orange and gray spray paint and sprayed those bad boys - one gray, two orange.  Works well to do several light coats. 


Make sure you do it in the back yard so all the neighbors don't see your accidentally spray painted orange grass.  Sorry honey. 


Base coats done!  In my head I wanted a bottle with orange polka dots and one with stripes.  I attempted the stripes first with some painter's tape.  Mistake.  The tape peeled off the base coat.  Sooo, I attempted the polka dots.  I had some of those colored dots that you use for garage sales and those didn't pull the paint off.  So, I dotted the big orange bottle and spray painted it gray.  Once I peeled off the dots I ended up with this!


LOOOOOOVVVVEEEEE how this turned out!  And, here are all three together.






These are going to be a centerpiece for baby's first birthday and I'm going to stencil his initials on the gray bottle and a "1" on the orange bottle.  **Dusting hands** Done. 

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice. I found that depending on the size of the stripe you are looking for Rubber bands work well and do not peel off the base coat.

    ReplyDelete